We Sell Small, Medium, Large and Adjustable Caravan Gas Bottle HoldersAt Supex Products, you can expect to find the proper caravan gas bottle holders for your gas cylinder to meet the Australian caravan gas bottle storage regulations. But it’s not only about meeting the regulations; it’s also about keeping your fellow adventurers safe and at low risk of danger.
That’s why we’ve introduced rubber rings in various sizes to help prevent wear and tear on your gas bottle holder.
Here’s a little information regarding Caravan Gas Bottle Storage – Regulations
These apply if the gas bottle is connected while the vehicle is moving:
- It needs to be mounted on the tow bar or at the front of the caravan.
- It is to be installed upright – with the valve at the top.
- The gas bottle holder must be tightly secured and able to withstand a load equal to four times the weight of a full gas bottle.
- The mounting method must be capable of withstanding this applied load from any direction.
There are also specific requirements for caravan gas bottle storage compartments or lockers under the Australian Standard AS/NZS 5601.2:2013 Section 3.4.
- No access from inside the caravan. It must only contain the secured cylinders and associated fittings.
- It must be sealed to prevent gas vapour from entering the caravan.
- Must have an open drain adequately positioned to prevent gas from entering the caravan, being exposed to a source of ignition and as per the Standard.
- Water and corrosion-resistant.
- Must have the specified warning sign.
- Note that this is only a summary of caravan gas bottle storage.
Now that you're armed with this knowledge, you'll be able to find the right caravan gas bottle holder for you at your nearest Supex Products stockist.